TEAS Schedule of Test Dates
Note: the TEAS testing session for 5/4/15 has been cancelled
Individuals who plan on applying to Washtenaw Community College’s – Associate Degree Program in Registered Nursing will need to complete the ATI-TEAS® Version V (5.0) test. The stated minimum scores are required for admission into the program:
- Math proficiency – 60 percent or higher
- Reading proficiency – 70 percent or higher
- English proficiency – 60 percent or higher
- Science proficiency – 45 percent or higher
If repeated TEAS test attempts are needed to meet required scores, the highest subject score from each attempt will be applied towards admission requirments.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills™ (TEAS®) is a standardized test measuring four content areas including Math, Reading, English, and Science.
- Math – Covers whole numbers, metric conversion, fractions and decimals, algebraic equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion. (Note: No calculators are allowed)
- Reading – Covers paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and the rate at which you read.
- English – Covers grammar, spelling and punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Science – Covers biology, chemistry, A&P, physical principles, and general science.
TEAS® PREPARATORY RESOURCES
- Individuals may contact Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) or call toll free at 1-800-667-7531 for more information on review materials. By logging onto ATI’s website, you can purchase various materials from their online store, including the following:
- Version V – ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS® V) Study Manual ($48)
- Version V – ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS® V) Online Practice Assessment Forms A and B ($44 each version)
- Version V – ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS® V) Study Package – Study Manual and Online Practice (Form A and B) – combined package ($99)
All prices subject to change by ATI. Prices current as of 7/1/2013.
- Individuals can also purchase the Version V – ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS® V) Study Manual from the WCC Bookstore for $53.
- Individuals can come to the Academic Skills (ACS) Center in GM 305 to receive guidance and tutorial services in any of the TEAS® content areas. Call (734) 973-3301 for hours of operation.
- The Academic Skills (ACS) Department in cooperation with the Nursing Department has developed a TEAS® Prep Site on Blackboard. The site contains online resources for each content area on the TEAS® exam. The site is free to access, however, you must request to be added as a user by contacting one of the following persons:
The cost of the ATI-TEAS® proctored test is $55.00. The fee for a retake exam is also $55.00.
CREATING AN ATI ACCOUNT
All individuals preparing to take the TEAS® test must create an ATI account prior to their scheduled test date. You may create an account by going to ATI’s website and selecting “create a new account”; follow the screen prompts. You only need to register once. You will need to bring your user name and password along with a picture ID on the day of your scheduled test.
If the TEAS® test is taken at Washtenaw Community College, you DO NOT need to request an official ATI transcript. Your official results will be forwarded to the Health and Second Tier Admissions Office by the Nursing Department.
If the TEAS® test is taken at another institution, you must submit official ATI transcripts. Transcripts are sent electronically once requested and payment is received by ATI.
SCHEDULING THE EXAMINATION
Students who are planning to take the TEAS test must sign-up for a date and time using the hyperlink below at least 1 full business day before the test. This link will take you to a SignUp Genius sign-up site specifically set up for the TEAS test. There are 24 slots available for each session. The sign-up will count the number of students up to 24, then will close that session when at capacity. Requests will be honored on an as available basis depending on the number of slots remaining in a session. Please choose your time carefully to avoid last minute problems that may occur with needing to switch.
A reminder email will be sent to you 5 days prior to the date of testing to remind you of your time. It is highly recommended that you write down your time and date as glitches in the reminder notice have been known to occur. If you need to delete or change your date, please do as soon as possible to make room for other students.
Please call (734) 677-5182 if you need help with registration or have any questions.
Location: Business Education Building, BE 176
Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Fall 2015 TEAS Testing Dates:
12/14/15 (on this date the location will be the Technical and Industrial Building, TI 244)
Fall 2015 Sign-up
Winter 2016 TEAS Testing Dates:
Winter 2016 Sign-up
ON THE DAY OF YOUR TEAS® TESTING
You will be responsible for payment in full for your TEAS® test on the day of testing.
On the day of the test, you must bring a picture ID and a MasterCard or Visa credit card or a MasterCard or Visa debit card to pay the fee. No other form of payment will be accepted by ATI. If you do not bring these items, you will NOT be permitted to test.
You will be given a ten-minute window of time to show up for your scheduled test date. If you arrive later, you will NOT be permitted to test.
When you arrive, several preparatory things will be done to ensure that the TEAS® test is started on time:
- Sign in – please make sure you bring your picture ID.
- Read the TEAS® testing guidelines sheet.
- Log on to ATI’s website with the user name and password that you created when you set up a new account.
- If you do not remember your account information, you can call ATI at 1-800-667-7731 and they will give you the necessary information.
- Enter your credit card information as indicated on the ATI website.
Good luck on your test!